• General
  • New Application Query
  • Existing Application Query

What do I need to do to apply?

When can I apply for a loan?

You can apply for a loan from April 2016, for courses that start on or after 1 August 2016.

How do I apply for a loan?

Once you’ve identified the qualification you’d like to study you should contact our Advice Team. They will confirm whether there are places available on the course and provide you with a Learning and Funding Information Letter, which you’ll need to make a loan application. Use this information from them to complete an application and submit this to Student Finance England.

Can I apply online?

Yes, applying online is quick and easy. If you don’t have online access you can download and fill in an application form. If you need help, contact our Advice Team.

REMEMBER: you must print and sign the declaration form and post it to the address provided with a stamp on the envelope.

Calculate Loan Repayments 24+What information do I need to provide when applying for a loan?

You’ll need to provide details of the:

  • course you wish to study;
  • the college (Tower Hamlets College);
  • fee you’re being charged; and
  • amount of loan you want to take out.

Our Advice Team will give you these details.

You’ll also be required to provide your personal details (name, address, etc) and evidence to confirm your identity.

For UK passport holders this will just be your valid UK passport details (not a physical passport).

If you’re a UK national but don’t have a passport you’ll be asked to provide another form of evidence such as a UK birth certificate, which will be returned to you.

If you’re not a UK national you’ll need to provide physical identity evidence, as well as evidence that you’re a permanent resident inside the UK.

You’ll also need to provide a valid National Insurance number so that the loan can be paid to the college on your behalf.

I don’t have a National Insurance number but I want to apply for a loan. What should I do?

A National Insurance number is required so that the loan can be paid to the college on your behalf. If you don’t have a National Insurance number you can still apply for a loan. Student Finance England will contact you if you need to do anything to obtain one. This may mean that you’ll need to arrange an appointment with your local Job Centre to have one assigned to you.

Source: Department for Business, Innovation & Skills, 2016


New CIty College - Tower Hamlets

Poplar High Street London, E14 0AF Phone: 020 7510 7510