Level 3 Access to Commercial Graphics and Illustration
DURATION 1 Year
WHAT WILL I STUDY
- Drawing skills and idea development
- 2D digital Illustration and layout (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- 3D digital Illustration (Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D)
- 3D modelling (Cinema 4D)
- Digital Compositing (Apple Final Cut Studio, After Effects)
SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- A mature attitude and commitment to study is particularly important
- You ideally need to have an existing portfolio of work which shows us you are passionate about your chosen creative subject.
- You also need to be able to demonstrate that you are able to write in English to the appropriate level as alongside your practical work you will be expected to write reports and an academic essay
WHAT COULD I DO NEXT?
- Most people continue their studies at university or at Tower Hamlets College
- At the end of the course you will have a portfolio of creative work and some students choose to go directly to employment, working in a freelance capacity
ABOUT THE COURSE
This industry focused course will help you fulfill your passion to become a graphic designer or illustrator.
You will be given the opportunity and training to combine both traditional and digital skills to create professional graphics & images. You will develop a portfolio of personal creative work and prepare yourself for HE or for work.
You will be taught industry-standard graphic and image manipulation software to a very high standard and will develop your traditional drawing and painting in the art studios. Bringing all of these skills together, you will work on projects that will build into a portfolio of personal work.
Sample projects from this course include digital self-portrait, an illustrated book, magazine layout & editorial illustration.
On this course, illustration and graphic industry professionals, Apple Certified Trainers and lecturers will train you to be an independent individual who will be prepared for higher education or work.
To achieve this you will be working with industry standard software ranging from Adobe Creative Suite CS6, Cinema 4D, Apple Final Cut Studio and After Effects CS3.
Skills covered include:
Theory & contextual studies, drawing skills, idea development, development of storyboards, 2D digital Illustration and layout (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign), 3D digital Illustration (Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D), 3D modelling (Cinema 4D), and Digital Compositing (Apple Final Cut Studio, After Effects)