Level 3 Access to Nursing
DURATION 1 Year
STUDY TIMES Full Time Programme
FEES £3,350 + £150 Upfront Fee If you are aged 19-23 years, you may not have to pay tuition fees if this is your first Level 3 course or are in receipt of certain benefits. Please contact our advice team on 020 7510 7777 to check your eligibility.
WHAT WILL I STUDY
- English and Academic Skills
- Biology and Health Studies
SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Maths and English GCSE at grades C or above
- An assessment will cover comprehension in English, basic Maths including fractions, percentages, ratio and simple drug calculations and you will also be asked to write a short piece of comprehension. If you successfully meet the required pass rate of working at level 2 or above in Maths and English we will invite you to an interview.
- The interview will explore your interest and aptitude for this course and area of work. We will take into account how much experience of health or social care work you have. This could be paid or voluntary work.
WHAT COULD I DO NEXT?
- You will be able to apply to do a degree programme at university in Nursing (all branches), Midwifery, Paramedic Science, Public Health, occupational therapy or Operating Department Practice
- Level 4 HNC in Health and Social Care
- Employment in the Health and Social Care Sector
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Access to Nursing and Midwifery course is a one year intensive course for adults. It is designed to prepare you for study on a health related degree programme like Adult Nursing or Midwifery.
You will need to gain 45 credits at Level 3 and 15 at Level 2 to pass the Diploma. Each module has many units of study and they are all created to give you relevant and sound academic knowledge to facilitate your learning at university. The units are also designed to improve your analytical skills to hoe your research skills and to develop your organisational skills. You will be assessed in a variety of ways depending on the assignment brief. Your progress on the course will also be assessed in terms of your attendance, punctuality and your ability to hand in your work on time. Feedback on this will be given to you by your course tutor.