Become an Apprentice Today.
An apprenticeship gives you hands on experience, a weekly salary and the opportunity to gain skills and qualifications.
You will get paid while you learn. Employers all over the UK recognise and value apprenticeships as they show you’ve been trained in the skills they need.
We currently offer apprenticeships in:
- Health and Social Care
- Clinical Health
- Painting and Decorating
- Electrical Installation
- Wall and Floor Tiling
- Mastic Asphalt
- Business Administration
- Team Leader/Supervisor
- IT Infrastructure
- Software Developer
- Digital Marketing
- Commis Chef
- Hospitality Team Member
This list is not exhaustive. We will do our best to provide apprenticeship training for many job roles.
New City College delivers apprenticeship training at employer’s premises or at one of our college campuses in Poplar, Hackney and Redbridge.
Do I have to pay anything to become an apprentice?
No. While you are an apprentice, your employer pays you a salary and supports you whilst you undertake your training.
How long will it take?
Apprenticeships typically take between one and four years to complete, depending on the type of apprenticeship and the level. There is no set time to complete an apprenticeship as the length of time taken will depend on the qualification taken, the ability of the individual apprentice and the employer’s requirements.
Support during training
Your employer and training provider (the College) will make sure you have support. Their job is to ensure that your training fits your personal requirements, offers the skills needed for the job and satisfies national standards. They will also be there to help and support you through any challenges or problems.
Applying to become an apprentice:
- You can apply to be an apprentice at any age over the age of 16 years old
- You must live in England
- You must not be in full-time education
Interested in becoming and apprentice? You need to do the following:
- If you are working in any of the areas we have listed above please get in touch with us and let us know the name of your employer. We can speak to them directly about supporting you to train as an apprentice.
- If you are not working and would like to see apprenticeship vacancies locally and from employers who work with us, contact us directly or visit our website.
- If you are not working and would like to see current apprenticeship vacancies across London and beyond visit www.findanapprenticeship.service.gov.uk and see vacancies listed or call them on 0800 015 0400.
Ahmad Qureshi - Head of Business Development -
020 7510 7514
020 7510 7504
Have a look at our case study page to see other apprentices and how successful they have been with their employers.