The committee shall consist of the Chair and Vice Chair of the Corporation, plus one member of the Corporation (excluding staff or student members).
The Principal will be in attendance except for when his/her salary or performance is being considered by the committee.
The Clerk to the Corporation shall be in attendance (except when his/her salary is being considered by the committee) and be responsible for:
- advising the committee on matters in relation to the Instruments and Articles of Government and other associated regulations;
taking the minutes of the meetings (notes will be taken by the Principal when the Clerk’s salary or performance is being discussed).
The committee will meet once per year, usually in November.
The quorum for meetings shall be 2 members of the committee.
Outcomes of the committee meetings will be reported to the next scheduled meeting of the Corporation.
3. The Role of the Committee
The role of the committee is as follows:
- To be responsible for the determination of remuneration and conditions of service of holders of senior posts and the Clerk to the Corporation;
- To receive annual performance reviews of holders of senior posts and the Clerk to the Corporation;
- To review and benchmark the remuneration of senior postholders and Clerks within the further education sector as published by the AoC and other external organisations;
To report its decisions to the Corporation.
4. Financial limitations
The committee has the delegated responsibility to decide the remuneration of the senior postholders and the clerk. The Committee has no other delegated financial responsibilities.
Please note the minutes of the remuneration committee are strictly confidential and therefore not publicly accessible.