• General
  • New Application Query
  • Existing Application Query

Funding options

HE Financial Support

What help is available?

There is a range of support available if you are concerned about financing your high education studies.

1. Student Loans

Types of help for new full time undergraduate higher education students include:

  • Tuition Fee Loans to cover the full cost of tuition fees
  •  Maintenance Loans to cover living costs
  • Grants to cover living costs
  • Students can also get extra support if they have children or adult dependants, or a disability or a specific learning difficulty.

Find out more about student loans for higher education:

  • Gov.uk https://www.gov.uk/student-finance
  • Student Loans Company: http://www.slc.co.uk/ Please note:
  • It is important that you apply for extra support e.g. Disabled Student Allowance at the same time that you apply for a student loan – it may not be available once your course has started.  You do not need a confirmed offer of a college place before you can apply for a student loan. Apply as early as possible to prevent delays to your application.

2. Self-Funding

If you choose to pay any part of the fee yourself the College offers an instalment plan to allow you to stagger your payments by Direct Debit.

3. Student Services

If you require any help or advice applying for your student loan, please speak to our Student Services Team on 0207 510 7908

There is a College Hardship Fund available for Higher Education for 2017/18. Please contact the Student Finance and Welfare Team for further information and details of eligibility if you are experiencing financial difficulties.

4. Independent Financial Advice

It is important you consider your own circumstances and look into all options. You can access free independent financial advice from The Money Advice Service at www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk.


New CIty College - Tower Hamlets

Poplar High Street London, E14 0AF Phone: 020 7510 7510