Welcome to our Foundation Learning/SEND information.
We offer a range of interesting and creative courses for students that will help to develop their life skills. Our courses typically run for four days a week, 18 hours a week over the academic year.
Students benefit from a range of full-time courses which include:
· Reduced class sizes
· In-class learning mentor support
· Lunch and break time supervision
· Support with transport if necessary
· Personal care
· 1:1 support
· Learning zone (drop-in areas)
· Specialist software
· Exam access arrangements
· Mental Health Advisor
· Small group support
Learners can progress on to the next level in foundation learning or into mainstream vocational courses in the college.
Students can benefit from a range of full-time courses including:
· English – Entry level to GCSE
· Maths – Entry level to GCSE
· Enterprise – working together, planning, finances and running a business
· Work experience – supported and independent
· Independent Living Skills – shopping, cooking and managing money
· Out in the Community – travel training, personal safety and time management
· Healthy living – healthy eating, lifestyle and sports
· Vocational taster sessions in IT, catering, floristry, carpentry and motor vehicle
· Enrichment and visits
Many of our students learn how to travel to college independently and also gain valuable experience in running commercial enterprises like Café 24 and a floristy activity, in a safe and realistic work environment. And, our supported internship programme offers an employment pathway for young people seeking a route into paid work.
For more information about our SEND programme, please contact Louise Workman-Dent - firstname.lastname@example.org; 020 7510 7696.