Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Health & Social Care
About the Course
This qualification is internally assessed and externally verified by Edexcel. You will produce a range of assignments on a wide variety of topics related to Health and Social Care. You will also produce a professional development portfolio; this is an integral part of your course. In order to produce this portfolio you will need to attend a placement for a minimum of 100 hours over the two years. In addition to these 100 hours you will also go on visits to organisations such as Age UK with whom we work in partnership. The placement and visits are an essential aspect of the course as you will refer to these in your assignments, as well as preparing you for work, or University.
Tutorials are an integral part of the course and will also contribute to the professional development portfolio.
- Developing Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care
- Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
- Development through life stages
- Psychological Perspectives in Health and Social Care
- A full level 2
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, one must be in English or equivalent qualification at level 2 e.g. Functional skills
- All learners are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS (formally CRB) disclosure
- Enter employment in the Health and Social Care Sector
- Go to University and study for a wide range of courses including Psychology, Youth Work, Paramedics, Nursing or Midwifery
- Internship or Apprenticeship in the Health or Health and Social Care Sector