Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in IT
About the Course
This course consists of 1 year for 90 Credits and 2 years for the Extended Diploma.
The course is designed to teach the skills that employers need in all aspects of business. The course aims to blend technical skills together with the business, interpersonal and project management skills that are needed not only by the IT sector, but by all the sectors using technology in a modern business environment.
Learning has emphasis on the areas such as the potential of technology, understanding organisations, professional development, creating technology solutions, managing technology systems, multimedia and digital projects. You will study real-life, work-based case studies and complete projects and assessments, which contribute to achieving each of the core subjects studied. The assessment process is ongoing, so it allows the student to analyse and improve their own performance through their course in much the same way as they would in a real workplace.
- Communication & Employability Skills for IT
- Computer & Information Systems
- Digital Graphics & Computer Animation
- Impact of the use of IT on Business Systems
- Organisational Systems Security
- Spreadsheet Modelling
- Procedural Programming
- Website Production
- You must have at least 5 GCSEs grades 9-4 including English and Maths or a Full Level 2 vocational qualification at Merit or Distinction Grade, plus GCSE-equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths qualifications
- Entry is also subject to interview and satisfactory references
- Internship, apprenticeship or employment in the IT or computing sector. Many of those choosing not to go to University decide to take up an Internship, Advanced Level Apprenticeship or employment, and we have an excellent track record of preparing and placing students with companies such as KPMG, XL Insurance, RBS, Barclays, BAML and others
- University to study a degree in Business Information Technology, Business Information Systems, Computing and Network Systems, etc