UAL Level 1 Diploma in Design & Media
About the Course
As well as learning how to develop your creative skills, you will be developing your ICT skills so that by the end of the course you should be able to manage and communicate all sorts of digital information. You will also develop the skills required to follow a creative media project from start to finish by identifying potential opportunities for your very own enterprise activity. You will achieve this through market research, financial planning and through designing a visual identity for your business ideas. You will also learn how to review and evaluate your own work and the work of others.
You will also have the opportunity to meet and talk to visiting professionals who work in the creative and media industries and visit companies such as Rich Mix, a well-known multi-media complex in Shoreditch where you will be able to interview musicians and other performers.
As well as developing new creative skills in these areas you will be studying English, Maths and ICT. Trips to museums and art galleries to investigate paintings and sculpture are an essential part of the course.
Assessment is continuous, with plenty of feedback from teachers to help you complete the assignments set. The atmosphere we build upon is creative, encouraging and, above all designed to be enjoyable and rewarding.
- How to Create a personal interactive digital photograph album
- How to edit your own video, complete with a customised soundtrack
- How to design characters and a plot for your own computer games
- Grade E or above in a creative media subject e.g. Art or Media
- A portfolio of your own creative work demonstrating commitment and serious interest in this subject
- Progress to a Level 2 BTEC course. This Diploma is part of Foundation Learning, a broad qualification that gives young people skills for employment and for life.