UAL Level 2 Diploma Art & Design
About the Course
At the beginning of the course you will explore many aspects of art and design and digital media. During this period you will gain experience in both learning and using new skills. You will be encouraged to take an experimental approach to creating work. During the second part of the course you will be given the opportunity to continue your creative work in a more focused way, allowing you to work to your strengths and engage with a creative area of your choice. Your tutor will help you make these choices and they should reflect your chosen career or educational progression.
All students are required to complete a research project which is presented for assessment in the form of a short written piece or PowerPoint.
Assessment and feedback on progress is continuous through a series of personal tutorials culminating in a Level 2 award.
- The course is based around the creative and cultural industries and focuses on providing relevant skills to help you progress in your education. You will learn through a mixture of practical and theoretical skills taught through classroom based workshops in:
- drawing & painting
- visual studies
- textiles & surface design
- print techniques
- 3D model making & construction
- poster design
- Students on this course will also have the opportunity to repeat their GCSE in English or Maths, or undertake Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Numeracy.
- Students need to have four GCSEs grade D- E and one GCSE at grade C or above in a creative subject. Students will need to attend an interview with a selection of creative work.
- On successful completion of this course students can progress to a level 3 course in Art and Design, Animation and Game Design or Film & TV.